@staff category not visible since upgrade to 2.6.0.beta1 ( 58ee947b35 )

No @staff restricted topics show up in All Categories default display since upgrading to 2.6.0.beta1 ( 58ee947b35 ). I’m an admin so this is super annoying to no longer see listed. Suggestions appreciated!

Do you have it muted?

No it is noted muted, but with all other categories my own replies will show up in the topic list. In regards to @staff I see nothing listed. Makes me worried that other staff are not seeing these posts as well.

As long as the staff category isn’t muted for a user, new topics and posts created in the category should show up in the Latest topics list.

I think that what you are referring to is the Categories page that is set by the desktop category page style site setting. If you have that set to “Categories and Latest Topics”, new staff topics should be in the list for your site’s staff members. If you have desktop category page style set to “Categories with Featured Topics”, there is a good chance that the new staff topics will not be on that page. If that is the case, the topics should still be visible on your site’s Latest topics list. Could this be the cause of the issue?

If you are posting important topics in your staff category that need to be seen by all staff members, it might be a good idea to have the staff “watch” the category. That way they will receive a notification for every new post that’s created in the category. Users can watch a category by adding it to the “Watched” categories list from their Notifications / Categories preferences page.

2 Likes