Staff who can access user info including emails

i want to have one group on my site which have all the permission a staff has. and addition to this it can user info including emails.

Any help would be appreciated

Why don’t you grant them moderator/admin rights if you want them to be able to do everything moderators/admins can do? You can enable moderators view emails to give access to email addresses.

4 Likes

Then it is someone, who is an admin. And that is really bad way, unless that someone is actual admin. Or at least a moderator.

So, no just building an extra group. Out of the box anyway. Perhaps you can code a plugin that changes how security of Discourse is builded.

2 Likes

Is there a reason you want to have 2 seperate staff groups with the same “staff powers”?

If they need staff permissions make them a mod as per @Moin’s recommendation. Just be careful of course who you make a full mod

1 Like

I want one profile staff - which can not access the user email (will name as Employee)
I want another profile -which can access the User email (will name as top employee)

Admin and moderator should remain as it is

pls tell me how to enable moderators view emails

It’s a site setting in the admin area of your forum. You can find it by visiting
YOUR_FORUM/admin/site_settings/category/all_results?filter=moderators%20view%20emails%20

4 Likes

You can look at what trust level 4 can do

3 Likes