Status Page (Atlassian)

:discourse2: Summary Status Page (Atlassian) will ping your Public Facing Atlassian Status Page’s .json endpoint and alert forum users when system(s) are down.
:hammer_and_wrench: Repository Link https://github.com/discourse/discourse-atlassian-statuspage
:open_book: New to Discourse Themes? Beginner’s guide to using Discourse Themes

Install this theme component

Just add the .json endpoint for your system into the status endpoint textbox in the component settings. When a system is down, your custom message will appear at the top of the forum.

How can I find my public facing Status Page endpoint?

1. Visit your websites stauts page in a web browser.
  2. Open the network inspector and refresh the page.
  3. Look for status.json in the list of requests being made and hover over it , it should give you the .json endpoint.

Custom Settings

• Ability to turn on the error message to test out the look + feel.
  • Customize failure message + link to take users to on click of error message

21 Likes

If anyone is eager to do a little work on this theme component, we got some feedback that it would be nice if there was the ability to display separate messages (and perhaps have different CSS classes) based on the various values of the indicator returned by the StatusPage API. (Which are minor, major, or critical, and it turns out there’s also an undocumented value of maintenance as well.) :heart: :nerd_face:

5 Likes

That’s really good feedback! I can definitely look into the possibility of using different statuses to determine how it displays. I’ll add this to some things I’ll be looking into when my current list clears up.

Thanks for the suggestion :+1:

6 Likes

I have pushed a small update to allow the features you mentioned. You can now set up a message for minor, major, critical indicators separately.

Each indicator also changes the background color of the status page alert.

You can also specify which indicator you would like to see when putting the component into test mode.

Minor

Major

Critical

7 Likes

Looks great; thank you! Especially appreciate the unique CSS class for each level so we can get the colors just right.

4 Likes