Strategy to increase real names usage and profile.
We have discourse forum for supporting face-to-face meetups and (70% of audience is remote anyhow).
Our estimation is that only 50% of our audience have Facebook account. We would like to have real names policy (and avatar pic, some fields in profile) for those who wants to post as it generates more trust and confidence. There are no topics that need anonymous discussions in our context, so this is generally fine for our community to have real names and avatars.
Some of the approach might be to keep standard (email and Facebook) registration and the same logic as standard and
- Popup when person tries to post first post. Then popup then invites him to add real name and avatar. So this is somehow close to Signup call-to-action when you read for a while but for those who already registered to fill in additional fields.
- Closed category with access for those who filled in profile
- Downloads are possible for those who filled in profile.
What do you think? + question is if there is some plugin that somehow close to that. Thanks
- Popup at first post with request to fill in profile
- Closed category with requirement to fill in profile
- Downloads possible only for completed profiles