Styleguide compatibility file has been removed

When the styleguide plugin was moved into core, the .discourse-compatibility file was deleted from the repository, effectively removing the plugin on all installations, including those on stable that do not incorporate the plugin.

I think it might be a good idea to restore that file :slight_smile:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse-styleguide/commit/36da3d14920b92e70be1d7ab777dcd854c0939f0#diff-fc39d6e585bfcd0cdfcf9604d680308d985f61dee3194db11b64f770b2b045c8

2 Likes

As in you would like to source the plugin from the master branch for stable install.

I am not sure we can support that (@joffreyjaffeux?) am pretty sure this will break. We plan a new stable release in 3 weeks or so.

Maybe just fork a particular commit on styleguide to your own org and then use that for stable for now?

3 Likes

Yes given how close we are to the release you should try to make it work on your own hosting with a patch. Also I don’t expect many people to use styleguide, this was a very very niche plugin prior to it being added to core.

3 Likes

This was not about getting it to work on our own hosting (we already keep a repository of forks of all plugins for the stable branch), I was just reporting this because I still managed to bump my head and was trying to prevent others in encountering the same.

2 Likes

Yes thanks for the info, hopefully someone else hitting the issue will find the topic, even though I expect it to be close to 0 users (hopefully).

:+1:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 20 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.