Subscriptions: Change User's Plan

Hi All - I use the discourse subscriptions plugin to create a few different plans with monthly pricing on my site. I want to keep all plans and pricing as is.

However, I want to switch a certain user from one plan to a different, cheaper plan on my site.

What’s the best way to do that?

I’m not quite finding guidance on this or seeing it on the strip dashboard.

3 Likes

I think that you just cancel the one plan and have them subscribe to the new one. I don’t know a way that you can do it.

2 Likes

I’m strongly hoping there is a way to do it automatically. Otherwise, it’s an extra annoyance for them.

Would they really be happier thinking that you can just decide to charge them different amounts of money at your whim?

1 Like

In this case the user would be asking me to change their plan. And I want to make it as easy as possible.

On most sites it’s a simple process. You have a few plan options, and if you want to change you just click the option for another plan, and hit confirm. You don’t have to go through a process that mixes manual and programmatic - where you request a change, the site owner cancels the plan for you (or you first need to cancel it yourself), then you redo the whole process from scratch by selecting the other plan and re-entering your credit card.

To replicate the common approach that most sites take would probably take some custom coding - but I’m hoping there is at least a currently available way to lessen some of that friction.