Support for proposed plug-in

Hello, I attempted to email Discourse support for my inquiry and was directed here. Below is the message I sent, please let me know if any additional information is required:

I am a member of the MakerDAO community (forum.makerdao.com) and I was wondering who I might contact about making sure a plug-in could be supported by the Discourse platform.

We work with a group called SourceCred that has a neat algorithm designed to measure the value of contributions on the forum. The algorithm spits out a “cred” score based on how important the contributions of each user have been to the project.

In short, we are wondering if it would be possible to take this generated score and post it up next to a user’s name when they post. The score would be updated about once a week from an outside source, so at this stage, I’m just trying to figure out if that would be possible under the existing infrastructure.

Thanks so much for your time!

1 Like

Hi Payton,
Are you looking for someone to actually build this plugin?

4 Likes

Yes, it’s (at least probably) possible.

You’re self hosted? Not hosted by Discourse.org? (if so you’ll need to be on their enterprise hosting).

If you have a budget you can post in #marketplace.

If you want to develop it, see Beginner’s Guide to Creating Discourse Plugins Part 1: Creating a basic plugin. You can ask for help in #dev.

4 Likes