Table Builder Component broken?

The new and awesome Table Builder Component seems to have a problem (Version 0.0.1): after creating a table (works like a charm), no data is loaded into the table editor if I use the “edit” icon. Sometimes however, it works - maybe 1 out of 10 tries, so maybe there is some timeout/race condition foo going on…

I can reproduce it on 2 different servers, Discourse 3.1.0.beta3 (one of them near-vanilla with no additional plugins/components)

Any thoughts?

Test:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 E
Test 1 Test 2 Test 4 Test 4
Tesing again more
4 Likes

And it’s happening on this server, too - this is the table above via edit:

Browser: Google Chrome 112 / Safari 16.5

2 Likes

I think I can repro this. When I first tried to edit the table above it was blank, but on subsequent tries it seems to include the info.

And now blank again on another try (with the option to ‘build table’ rather than ‘save’).

(Windows 11/Firefox)

5 Likes

I can reproduce this as well here. I noticed it days ago when I posted a theme component and forgot to report :smile:
Not quite the same context, though.

I could see the data after the 4th try:

Windows 10 with Chrome.

7 Likes

Thanks for the reports, folks. The issue here was that if the click was on the svg icon directly, the ID of the table wasn’t being passed correctly to the editor (if the click target was near the icon, then the event target was correct).

It should be fixed once this PR is reviewed/merged: FIX: Table editing sometimes not working by pmusaraj · Pull Request #50 · discourse/discourse-table-builder · GitHub

3 Likes

This has been merged now. :+1:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.