Can't enter tags on mobile when tags are mandatory

[v2.0.0.beta7 +37]

On mobile, when creating a new topic I don’t see any tag input, optional or required.

On desktop, when selecting a category that requires at least one tag the optional input isn’t updated to say required until the tag input gets keyboard focus.

2 Likes

Yes tag input is not shown on mobile on create, it’s not a regression or a bug. It might change in the future.

I will investigate the second one thx.

2 Likes

Ignoring an explicit admin setting definitely feels like a bug. What would you tell community managers when categories that require at least one tag in the settings are all of a sudden flooded with tagless topics?

1 Like

Additionally, the tag field’s z-index is too high and covers @mentions

2 Likes

Right, I think @joffreyjaffeux was only clarifying that it’s not something that has become broken, we’ve just never had tagging on mobile so the requirement was never implemented there. Definitely agree that if we’re allowing admins to require tags, then the tag input needs to exist on mobile.

I just made an update to fix that z-index issue with mentions, should be live on Meta in a bit.

6 Likes

Yes I do agree since the recent change making tags compulsory we should do it.

6 Likes

Is anyone working on this? I’m quite surprised and disappointed to see that you can’t use tags on mobile

1 Like

I do not see how we can solve this cleanly without unconditionally showing the tag control, I guess we could pop up a modal asking for tag if it is required on category and you are on mobile

@awesomerobot what do you think we should do here?

3 Likes

Right, the simplest thing is to squeeze the tag dropdown in there. Otherwise it feels like we’d be more seriously rethinking how the composer works on mobile (which is fine, but why not start simple).

Talked about this slightly here:

5 Likes

Im doing it this week, wanted to finish dashboard first.

9 Likes

This should now be working, please let me know how it goes.

4 Likes

This is working great, thank you!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.