Tags confusing (to all or me only)

Tagg1 has a synonym tag Tag1-S

Then I create a topic while choosing Tag1-S from dropdown, which automatically converts to main tag Tagg1.
But, just to see and record Tag1-S, I still write hash tag #Tag1-S in the end of the topic.

But problem now is that when users search for Tag1-S, the search (including AI search) show ‘Zero’ results. Is it intended behaviour?

Any suggestion? Is the hyphen hindering some good/intended behaviour?

P.S. If they search Tagg1, then the intended post does appear in the results.

3 Likes

Maybe this is slightly off topic, but I personally find the synonym feature (though ultimately very useful) very confusing! :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Example: here in meta howto and how-to should (arguably) give the same result in search.

(clicking on the tag works as intended, but search does not)

5 Likes

Can you guide me how should we force it to search for hashtag (#howto in this case)?

And, if we search for tagg1, does it also search for a msg which has normal tags tagg2-tagg1 or Tagg3 Tagg1 (or or a msg having these hash tags, but different normal tags).

Can you pls tell its current expected behaviour?

2 Likes

Not to muddy the water (post) I think tag category views should be collapsible , like the hide details option in posts, I have one group with hundreds of tags, collapsing it would shrink the page, make for easier navigation, which is their intended purpose if I’m not mistaken.