Tags that are supposed to be only visible to staff are shown on /tags for everyone

I have a group of tags that has the option “Tags are visible only to staff” enabled. Still, this group is shown on /tags for everyone - at least when site setting “site tags listed by group” is enabled.

I can’t reproduce this with the latest code. What version are you running?

1 Like

v2.3.0.beta9 +26

Group settings:

Anon view:

Thanks!

2 Likes

I tested on that commit, and still can’t reproduce it. Can you share more about your setup?

3 Likes

Did you add the “Intern” tag group to a category’s restricted tag groups? I can reproduce the problem by doing that. Since only staff can use these tags, it’s pointless to try to restrict them to a category.

1 Like

Thanks! But what if a category should have a limited set of public tags and also allow the team to use the internal ones? If I leave the internal ones out, then I need to “allow other tags”. But then the public set is not limited. Or did I get something wrong?

3 Likes

Oh yeah, that makes sense. This should fix the problem:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/f8f7091e5716305adfb9d45cd625b8d8d82b48ed

6 Likes

Cool, thanks a lot, Neil!

This topic was automatically closed after 28 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.