Test onboarding

Is there a way for admin to create ‘dummy users’ to test the onboarding process?
I’ve been creating new accounts with multiple email accounts, but it’s messy and time consuming.
Ideas?

Depending on your email provider you may be able to use sub+addressing to skip the “multiple email accounts” part.

6 Likes

Can you expand upon what you mean there?

Mail sent to user+cheese@example.com or user+orangutan@example.com will probably both actually deliver to user@example.com. You can have as many addresses as you need that all deliver to the same inbox by putting different things between the + and the @.

7 Likes

Huh. I’ll test that. Nice :blush:

Yeah, it didn’t work :pensive:

I tried it with an @domain I own, and then with a gmail account - neither successful. Any ideas why @schleifer?

Pretty sure all GMail accounts support + addressing. What email have you tried?

It only works if you own (for example) julz@gmail.com and use something like julz+test@gmail.com.

4 Likes

I did Julia.surname+test@gmail.com. Could it be the dot? I have heard that I don’t need the dot in my gmail email before.

That’s right. GMail automatically removes dots before the @. For example, julz@gmail.com and j.u.l.z@gmail.com are the same email address.

3 Likes

But no joy with the +test component…

That’s very strange. I’ve used + addressing with Gmail for years and it’s unlikely they they’d drop it.

Did you check your spam folder?

5 Likes

Oh gawd. There they are. :flushed:

7 Likes

The same trick can be pulled with the dot-removal thing. Just use your.email@gmail.com, your..email@gmail.com, your...email@gmail.com, etc.

7 Likes