The 'admins' and 'moderators' groups name are hardcoded?

Hello,

I’ve noticed the admins and moderators group name are not translatable. Is there something I missed? I remember as if these could have been translated in the past. But I’m not sure about that.

I changed these strings:

groups.default_names.moderators
groups.default_names.admins

But it didn’t change on these places I noticed.

Group messages
Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 18.13.01

Category Security settings
Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 18.12.00

Group page dropdown select
Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 18.11.03

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The group names should be updated every 12 hours by a background job as long as your new group names are valid usernames, because group names are validated against the same rules as usernames.

You might need to update the unicode_usernames site setting if your translations contain non-ASCII characters.

5 Likes

Hello Gerhard,

Oh yeah I think this is the problem for me. :arrow_down_small:

I always forget this. :confused: I remembered for this correctly because one of my test site the group names changed right, but the unicode_usernames setting was enabled for testing purpose. I forgot this step here.

But I didn’t enable this setting for now because I don’t want to enable it for usernames. So now I use names without accents in group names. We’ll see how it goes. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you so much for your help! :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: Just updated now and everything works as expected! :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks again!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.