The software powering this discussion forum encountered an unexpected problem discourse

Hello Everyone,
I have added Github code review plugin in my discourse platform and after working fine for some time, now it is causing error. It is not sending the data from my Github webhook to the platform.
On Github webhook respose, it says

Oops - Error 500

Oops

The software powering this discussion forum encountered an unexpected problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Detailed information about the error was logged, and an automatic notification generated. We'll take a look at it.

No further action is necessary. However, if the error condition persists, you can provide additional detail, including steps to reproduce the error, by posting a discussion topic in the site's feedback category.

In the logs on the browser the error is following,

GraphQLClient::GraphQLError ([{:type=>“NOT_FOUND”, :path=>[“repository”, “pullRequest”], :locations=>[{:line=>4, :column=>15}], :message=>“Could not resolve to a PullRequest with the number of 1.”}])

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated

1 Like

You need to look at the logs on the server as described here Upgrading from 2.9.0.beta8 broke the site, unrecoverable - #11 by Benjamin_D

That topic describes a similar problem which may or may not be related to adding the plugin.

3 Likes

yup i have checked my logs also but no specific information regarding the error was found. I am using Code review plugin to integrate My Github with discourse. So Is it the problem with the plugin that i have used?

1 Like

Whenever I have seen that error I have seen a ruby backtrace in the logs. I recommend that you tail that file and reload the page. It can be hard to catch as lots of stuff happens. You can also search that file for 500, though often there will be some 500 strings that are not the error so you have to keep looking. You can also look in error.log.

You can certainly try removing that and any other plugins and rebuilding, especially if you have any non standard plugins.

1 Like

I have rebuild the application with same plugins and now its working but i am not sure why it wasn’t earlier. The plugin that i am using is part of discourse Enterprise plugins so should i expect it to cause issues with my application?

Do all of the plugins you have come from the discourse repo?

Yes all the plugins come from official discourse repo

It is surprising that there in an issue. You’ll need to look in the logs and find the 500 error there to see what the issue is.

1 Like

The issue was resolved by rebuilding the app so thanks for your feedback @pfaffman

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.