There has got to be a way to have a scoring based on the civility of a post, rather than just popularity

Hey @tophee,

I am waiting for Communiteq (formerly DiscourseHosting) to install the plugin by tomorrow then I will have a lot of fun playing with it and would be happy to share videos of it in play or snapshots of the back end.

I feel like this changes everything, too! Gives our forum a less policed feel, recruits members into leading by example, and also serves to set up expectations (honestly, some of these emojis aren’t gonna be used – just their existence for people to see, might be enough of a deterrent for bad behavior.)

This topic gives step by step instructions for adding your set of emojis:

You’ll find them by clicking on emojis in the reply edit window and scrolling to the uncategorized category at the bottom. Go into settings—> customize text and change this to give your uncategorized a different title:

I am presuming functionality of the plugin before trying it from the topic on the plugin. For example, it shows counts of how many people clicked a particular emoji:
21%20AM
You can set in which categories the emojis can be used:

Looks like up go 25 emojis works nicely:

You can limit to a small subset of reactions:

It looks like you can limit what emojis can be used for the retorts:

We haven’t launched yet, but my thought behind those three emojis was something like:

“link this” to the source you are referring to (we want as much evidence to back up statements as possible)
“tag this” is for tagging blog ideas to particular authors assigned to a blog
“pls PM this” is for members who end up in a discussion about things not directly relevant to the topic

2 Likes