Threaded discussion is ultimately too complex to survive on the public Internet?

@piffy,

It’s not a useful logical device, hence the reference to the explanation. Also, I subsequently explained why it wasn’t useful, so why are you asking for an explanation?

Had you clarified that previously, I wouldn’t have mentioned it. I agree, although since nobody purported otherwise, I still don’t understand the relevance.

I don’t believe that that is the primary issue to be resolved, because it doesn’t matter if the user can choose whether to view the thread flat or threaded - each user chooses based upon their personal preference. All responses are threaded beneath the GUI (that’s why there’s a “Reply” feature on responses as well as an otherwise duplicate blue one at the bottom of the thread) so it’s merely a matter of exposing this to the user.

@Sailsman63,

What 8-page discussion do you refer to? If you’re describing a hypothetical threaded and paged discussion, the way to remediate that problem is by merely not paging the thread.

What’s not about indentation?

1 Like