Thumbnail generation & markdown rendering issue

Hi @Arkshine, sorry to hear you’re having issues here. Unfortunately we can’t guarantee compatibility with all third-party plugins, especially where they override core behaviour beyond the scope of our plugin APIs. Going forward, TLP should able to reduce the number of core overrides it uses, and hopefully stability will improve.

Note that we now also have our official solution to displaying thumbnails, which is implemented entirely using our supported plugin APIs.

You are correct that core thumbnails only work for local images. Ultimately, TLP was pulling images and storing them locally as well, so the difference now is that we’re doing everything in a consistent way using the pull_hotlinked_images job.

It sounds like we have a couple issues to resolve here. I think it would be best to split them out so that we don’t miss anything. Reading through your post, I see two things:

Pulling remote images shouldn’t result in invalid html/markdown, so we will try and get this fixed. Please go ahead and open a #bug topic, mention me, and we’ll look into it.

Again, special characters shouldn’t break the images here. Please open another #bug topic and we’ll take a look.

4 Likes