Tickets Plugin šŸŽŸ

Excuse me if Iā€™m missing something, but I do not see the option to create a ticket.

I have the plugin and the Assign plugin both installed and activated. Iā€™ve added ticket statuses, etc., but cannot see a button to create a ticket. What am I missing?

@angus - Could this be an issue with an update to Discourse?

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the report @waffleslop

I was not able to replicate the problem on version ( 3.1.0.beta3)

Everything seems to be working fine, I was able to use tickets and assign it.

Could you share what theme/theme-components are you using? That could be causing a conflict with the display of the button.

Thank you,
Marcos

Thank you Juan. Hereā€™s a 2-min run-through of what Iā€™m seeing:

4 Likes

Thank you for your elaborate response. The ā€œTicketā€ buttom becomes visible when you edit the topic, just like when you would do when adding tags.

firefox_HOQDHtF1Ao

3 Likes

Could you display tickets like kanban by tags?
Iā€™d like to filter tickets like trello.

Sheesh, I sure missed that. Thank you. :man_facepalming:

Can you help me with this use case?

I have users in a private Discourse that have a single PM thread with a few staff. Each new user has a 1:1 onboarding meeting and then a PM is sent recapping the meeting. A few staff are added.

This PM becomes the channel that any questions (usually billing/access) get posted in. These are private communications and the PM is the best place. Itā€™s also easiest to say ā€œjust reply back to your onboarding PM if you have any billing questions.ā€

If a billing question comes up, whatā€™s the best way to turn this into a Ticket? Should I split the message off into its own request?

1 Like

Well, you answered your own question :wink:

There is on the plans that closing assigned thread modifies the status on the ticket to selected tag like solved?

The same could applies when the ticket was assigned (status/tag: in-review).

Both could be optionals.

Hey folks,

The creation of tickets looks like is only limited to moderators. Is there a way we can provide a group of non moderators get the access of creating a ticket?

Hey, I got a blockage with this error as were testing things on this plugin. All plugins are updated and server refreshed. But weā€™re seeing this error in Admin>Tickets. Before we are able to see the summary of tickets and status, but may we ask how to sort this error in Discourse? Thanks

1 Like

Same here, could be related to changed strings from language, or multisite?

Thanks @matenauta , @angus would love to know whatā€™s causing the error and how to resolve it? Thank you

1 Like

Hey @IreneT and @matenauta this plugin doesnā€™t get a lot of love these days, but just looking at it very briefly now I see that it might require the Assign Plugin to be installed for it to work on the current version. Have you got that plugin installed?

2 Likes

Yes @angus , we had it running on our staging Discourse system and canā€™t push it the live site before making sure that our setup would work. Would love to know your thoughts on possible solutions to have them running in our staging site. Thanks

1 Like

I have it installed too.

Thanks for the following up :pray:

Hey guys, testing this, Iā€™m not seeing any issues along the lines youā€™re describing. There was a styling issue with the admin area which I fixed, but no issues accessing the admin panel per se. Are you using the latest version of the plugin and Discourse?

If you could have a look at /logs and share any errors you see there you think might be related, that would help. Even better, pop it all (screenshots, logs, commit youā€™re using etc) in a full bug report here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @angus

Weā€™ve updated the plugin/Discourse today to make sure that weā€™re on the latest version.

Hereā€™s the latest error from /logs following the time that weā€™ve tried accessing the tickets summary:

Thanks so much,
Irene

1 Like

Thank you for reporting this.

However, the lines marked with a yellow exclamation mark are deprecation notices, not errors. They are meant for the developers of the plugin and can be ignored. They will not cause any errors or limit the functionality of the plugin in any way.

Hi @RGJ

Thanks for your insights.
These marked in red are setups we created relating to Tickets before we had the server error:

@angus

Thanks

Could you please click one of those and post the details of that error, either in this topic or - preferably - in our support site?

1 Like