Tickets Plugin šŸŽŸ

I am having an additional similar issue though. I canā€™t seem to use the ticketing plugin with private messages.

The ticket button appears but I canā€™t select priority, status or reason. I enabled tagging for private messages in my discourse settings.

Edit:

I believe there is a bug with the ā€œtickets include groupā€ setting. Leaving it blank solved the above issue. It may have been because the group was already assigned.

1 Like

Hi Juno! Great

Cool! I have been having this same issue since a recent update to discourse. I have now made this setting blank so will see what happens. I did notice that by manually inviting that group to the message brings the ticket tag pulldowns back to life.

As regards @foohonpie feedbackā€¦ thanks for it! Itā€™s always good to have more people try it and give feedback on the experience.

I donā€™t share your requirement that tickets be assigned to more than one person at a time, and that (along with your attempts to make it fit your requirement) seems to be a source of all of your assignment woes. Also all of your ā€œIntegration was both good and badā€ feedback.

As regards your ā€œOther minor issuesā€ feedback - I agree with you here. The interface for viewing and filtering tickets needs a review, both because it is buggy and because maybe there is a better way to do it. Iā€™ve suggested some next steps above. Would love to hear input on those suggestions, or offers to help!

This is a known issue that I do hope @angus prioritizes. Also mentioned above.

1 Like

Thanks for the update! Also btw, I should mention regarding this:

Iā€™ve since discovered that we can mute specific categories, which would have solved this problem entirely.

Humorously enough (because laughing saves me from crying :weary:) the external tool we switched to, for as nice as it was, became a ghost town just as I feared. I may give this one another go with a change in approach this time around.

It turns out, a good tool that gets used may be better than a better tool that doesnā€™t.

4 Likes

This bug is now fixed :+1:

cc @tobiaseigen

https://github.com/angusmcleod/discourse-tickets/commit/ad6a38d7702861fb42d8bb7c5cc5be4d52c8500a

2 Likes

I still haven not figured out how to turn a topic into a ā€œTicketā€ :thinking:

You can create topics or pms with tickets via the api, however there is currently no UI to add tickets in the composer (coming soon).

1. How does one create a ticket via the api?
  2. What is the update on the ā€œcoming soonā€ plan to add tickets in the composer?

You can add a ticket to a topic via the ā€œedit topicā€ UI

You just need to make a normal API request to create a topic, and add is_ticket=true as a parameter.

Example

Results in:

See: https://discourse.angusmcleod.com.au/t/test-ticket-creation-via-ap/859

@tobiaseigen Would you be able to set an agenda for this plugin? Iā€™ll then see if I can fit it into my work agenda.

1 Like

Thanks @angus ā€¦ apologies for the silly questions but how does one do a ā€œnormal APIā€ request like the one in your screenshot? In my ā€œedit topicā€ I donā€™t see the Ticket, Priority, Status or Reason? The ā€œUnassignā€ also seems to be different in my setup?

1 Like

Thereā€™s some great documentation on the API here: https://docs.discourse.org

That screenshot is from Postman which is great for testing out API calls.

Thatā€™s the composer youā€™ve got there. The Edit Topic UI can be accessed by clicking on the pencil here:

3 Likes

Ok, so below is what my Edit Topic UI looks like. Does it matter if the topic is in wiki mode?

I may give this Postman thing a whirl.

Thanks for the detailed instructions!
I still hope to use this plugin someday as an option to provide support to my customers (users) - that they would be able to open a support ticket in some way.

Looks to me like you need to enable the plugin. Are you sure you followed all the steps correctly to install it?

Itā€™s alot of fun! Hereā€™s a screenshot to get you on your way. Note the is_ticket to enable the ticket and that you need a tags[] for each tag you want to add. Also, note that to assign tickets via the API you need to do a follow-up call which I have not figured out how to do via postman.

I also found this useful when learning how to use the API: How to reverse engineer the Discourse API

I think so, I have the new Tickets tab in the admin panel and the 3 ā€œticket_ā€ groups

maybe thereā€™s a conflict with another plugin? can you try disabling the voting plugin temporarily and see if you see the TICKET button when editing a topic title?

Disabling the voting plugin made no difference

What are the correct steps to install this plugin? I just followed the following steps, just like any other plugin: Install Plugins in Discourse

There are also the notes in the OP.

Is it possible you have a typo in the tag group names? Should be tickets_ not ticket_.

Nope, that was just my typo. I did enter a few tags in each group.

there is currently no UI to add tickets in the composer (coming soon)

This one still confuses me as I have no idea how to assign a ticket to a topic

There are three site settings (in addition to the enabled setting)

Iā€™m not sure where these are or if I need to do something.

Here are the plugins Iā€™ve installed:

Well, once you get it working right you will see what we see when editing topic titles. Promise. :sunflower:

Look in ADMIN > SETTINGS and search for ā€œticketsā€. Hereā€™s what it looks like for me:

Aside - Iā€™ve just been nudged that itā€™s time for you and I to get a room. :slight_smile: If this still doesnā€™t get you on your way and you still need help with getting the ticket button showing up when editing topic title, please PM me.

Consider replying to more people

Youā€™ve already replied 3 times to @GeertClaes in this particular topic.

Have you considered replying to other people in the discussion, too? A great discussion involves many voices and perspectives.

If youā€™d like to continue your conversation with this particular user at length, send them a personal message.

Thanks everyone ā€¦ especially @tobiaseigen :grin:

I thought Iā€™d share my solution for others in the future. I had assumed that the fact that the Tickets Plugin shows up as ā€œEnabledā€ in Plugins it meant that the tickets plugin is enabled. However, it appears that there is another ā€œEnable tickets on topics?ā€ setting. Maybe an idea to add this to the notes above?

1 Like

OK, I have edited the OP with my wishlist, consolidating info from various places where weā€™ve talked about it. Feel free to scale back ambitions or reorganize as you see fit. :seedling:

I updated the notes in the OP to hopefully address this concern. Let me know if you think my fix is good enough or feel free to improve further.

1 Like