Tickets Plugin šŸŽŸ

I will say that the Solved plugin and Assign plugin help a lot. If a bug is reported for example, the admin assigns it. If it is solved, then the solved would auto close the topic after 24 hours. The solved shows a check mark next to the topic in the topic list.

Rather, the only purpose of the tickets plugin in this case is that it creates 3 tag groups - ticket priority, ticket status, and ticket reason. We can create tag groups also without plugins. I think this is more of a convenience to see all topics associated with a ticket from the admin panel.

If you use the tag icons theme component, you can color your tags and add a ticket icon for it as well, with tags that you created without the plugin.

1 Like

Is there any tickets dashboard that is not under /admin path?

2 Likes

Canā€™t seem to find out how to make tickets LOL. Can someone please guide on how to get this to work`?

1 Like

Hit the pencil icon near the title to edit the Topic meta. Then you should see the interface. See the OP.

2 Likes

Thank you, after installing yesterday I was looking for a very long time lol

3 Likes

Maybe @meglio asked this for the same reason: Weā€™re trying to setup Discourse for our companies internal communication and organisation. Therefore weā€™d like to employ the ticket plugin for task management but encounter the problem, that everyone has to become a staff member to view the ticket dashboard. (And making everyone moderator or admin brings a lot of other workaround and customisation questions for us).

So, if there isnā€™t already a possibility to get the ticket dashboard viewable for every user, is it maybe planned to have this - maybe in regards of the development of Discourse for Teams?

1 Like

Hi @angus - might be worth mentioning that this site setting needs to be enabled to put tickets onto PMs - took me a morning to work it outā€¦

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi there, do you think that we can make a bounty thread for collect funds in order to develop that missing feature?

I think that not limiting support topics to staff members keep the Discourse philosophy into that ticket system.

2 Likes

Hi @angus - as mentioned above, the allow staff to tag pms also should be mentioned in the OP - in order to ticket PMs.

1 Like

@jerry0 Thanks for the nudge, Iā€™ve updated the OP.

Generally, if youā€™re interested in this plugin I would encourage you to check out Discourse for Teams. I donā€™t work for Discourse.org, and Iā€™m not entirely sure if you could fulfil this use case within that framework, but if I were considering a use case involving this plugin, Iā€™d start by looking there. I would note that the original author of the spec for this plugin @tobiaseigen now works for Discourse.org (perhaps even on Discourse for Teams?) :slight_smile:

That said, if you are interested in taking this plugin further, Pavilion would be open to developing it as part of a paid contract, depending on what youā€™re looking to do. You can PM @Ellibereth if youā€™re interested in doing that. Weā€™d also potentially be interested in doing some (free) open source work on it, but our schedules in that respect are currently very full, so itā€™d have to be later in the year.

We (Pavilion) donā€™t currently use this plugin internally. If that changes, and we start using it for some reason, then you may see some work on it sooner (@Ellibereth perhaps we should; letā€™s revisit this).

6 Likes

@angus I just started using Tickets today, and immediately am faced with errors/bugs. The Assign plugin was just updated today, so I wonder if that is related?

When I add tags, i get a message ā€œSorry, an error has occurredā€ If I submit the tags again, they seem to succeed. But the assign/unassign button doesnā€™t seem to work at all. In fact, it seems to interfere with the assign/unassign button from the Assign plugin.

There are various errors that pop up in the console.

And here are screenshots of the Assign and Tickets dashboards. You can see that Tickets isnā€™t recognizing assignments.

This happens on both Edge and Firefox on Windows 11, and on two separate Discourse instances.

Please let me know if there is any information I can provide or steps I can take.

Thanks!

1 Like

Putting aside the bugs I reported above, on further inspection, Iā€™m not sure that I can use Tickets. Thereā€™s various feature requests that have been mentioned that would be very useful, but my primary roadblock is that it can only really be used by staff members. I want to use this for an open-source project to allow volunteers to better self-organize their efforts, but donā€™t want to give them unnecessary permissions. I assume that if it was opened to other user trust levels, the tickets dashboard would also become available to them as well.

This has been mentioned a few times through this thread, most recently by @matenauta and @m4ur1c3 here Tickets Plugin šŸŽŸ - #155 by renguer0. I concur with them that not only would it be very useful, but it also would be more in-line with the philosophy of Discourse, Pavilion, and presumably even the project that this was initially sponsored for.

Iā€™ll likely do as others have pointed out and just use Assign with my own tag groups. It would be nice to have those buttons though and a functional ticket dashboard that is viewable and filterable by all.

1 Like

Hi @angus I second that - we also recently noticed that we are now missing the Assigned column information (even though all tickets have been assigned):

1 Like

@jerry0 Glad to see that Iā€™m not alone/crazy! Do you have the other bugs/errors shown in my screen recording that happen when trying to add the Ticket tags or assign a topic through the Ticket interface?

The plugin definitely needs updating as a result of recent changes to Assign. Iā€™m going to PM @Ellibereth as @angus suggested aboveā€¦

Thanks

1 Like

Guys be aware of our support policy. We will have to see if we have the resources to fix this before month end. Unfortunately this is not one of our core plugins so will be discretionary.

We are looking to improve the monetisation of our plugins to better ensure resources for timely support

3 Likes

Hi @merefield and @angus thanks for the clarification above.

I assume that the resources to fix this before month end were not there but I hope that itā€™s still within the support policy will mean that this is looked at in the first five days of December - just checking as itā€™s now 3rd so wanted to give you a heads up.

@Ellibereth you feel that this support is something that needs payment for please say!

Thanks.

J

2 Likes

Just a friendly prompt to consider allocating a bit of time to fixing this plugin at the start of January. Thanks!

1 Like

Weā€™re going to start using this plugin internally at Pavilion, so Iā€™ll be working on it over the next few weeks.

4 Likes

Hey @angus, Iā€™m just wondering if youā€™ve been able to make any progress with this? Iā€™m looking to set up a workflow soon for my community and really would love to use Discourse Tickets! Any estimate of when we might see an updated version? Thanks for all your hard work and contributions to the community!

2 Likes