Top Bar / Side Slider Not Moving with Scroll

A forum I manage was recently updated to 2.7.0.beta1, which caused both the top bar and side slider to not move when scrolling.

Even when scrolling up on a long topic, the top bar does not appear.
This image demonstrates how the slide bar is staying at the top of the topic:

This is happening to every user on the forum.
I don’t believe this is a theme/component CSS issue because it just started happening after the update.

1 Like

Are you able to share a link to your site? Without it it’ll be quite hard to troubleshoot.

Some changes were made to the way the header works in a recent Discourse update. Even if you don’t have a custom theme for the header itself, it’s possible an unrelated theme has some CSS impacting it.

2 Likes

The forum is a closed community due to the company it is for.

I will try disabling any and all theme component’s and see if there is any change. If not I may be able to (privately) send a dummy account login.

1 Like

Understood. You can try safe-mode to quickly test will all themes disabled, and avoid impacting your users with your testing.

2 Likes

It seems that deleting and reinstalling a theme component did the trick. Not sure why a reinstall fixed it (already updated) but I’ve learn not to question certain things. Thanks for the support!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.