Topic Ratings Plugin

Hmm, I get it. I assumed an option would be showed in the category settings but all happens now in Ratings tab.

That’s said, there is still a bug with Uncategorized category, it seems a first load, it seems the model behind is not selecting the category:

Once you select another category and select again Uncategorized, it works:

It doesn’t seem to work well.

Now I’ve enabled again the None with Uncateogrized, my existing ratings in this category doesn’t show.

I tried None in Site Feedback:

Once I create a new topic and save:

The rating is not saved:

Not sure if I’m missing something?

Another issue. When you associate a new category with rating types, you need to reload the page (F5) before creating a new topic. Because otherwise the ratings box doesn’t appear in composer.

Btw, I did not say it yet, but it’s really an awesome feature! Thanks!

1 Like

I’ll try to repro the issues tomorrow and get back. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

I updated today. Since the update I got a strange representation bug. With the user agent set to Safarie - iOS 13.3.1 - iPhone or iPodTouch (yes, it is still a thing) the ratings in the overview are shown twice. With all other user agents I tried it look normal.

Looking at the html there are two different divs created:

<div class="main-link">    
	<div class="rating-list">...</div>
	<a href="/t/mai-tai/395" class="title raw-link raw-topic-link" data-topic-id="395">Mai Tai</a>  
	<div class="rating-list">...</div>
</div>

We are on v2.5.0.beta7 +171.

If you want to take a look:
https://cocktailnerds.de/c/rezepte-guides/drinks/12

1 Like

Just to be extra sure as you’re on a dev setup, did you run the db:migrate thing after installing the plugin?

It’s not a dev setup. it’s a normal installation hosted somewhere in a VPS. Originally, I installed the plugin with ProCourse Installer.

But because I thought the new version was not installed (same version), I removed ProCourse Installer and reinstalled it through app.yml.

The plugin did properly upgraded since I could see the ratings at first.
I can give you an admin user account to my test Discourse if you want to see the issue by yourself, let me know.

1 Like

That would be very helpful for reference.

1 Like

Hey, any news/status on the bug reports about the new version or/and any ETA of next updates?

1 Like

I’m already working on a few fixes and the support period is also on…so you should see the fixes today/monday.

1 Like

Can I specify which categories I want this to be enabled? I don’t want ratings for every topic only one.

1 Like

Looks like yes, from the OP:

3 Likes

I just want ratings to be displayed at the top of the topic thread, not in each user’s post.

Otherwise, it looks like a double post. There only needs to be an average of all user’s ratings. This way ratings also stay anonymous.

Is there a way I can hide ratings on each post but show the average for the topic?

2 Likes

Interesting. So do you sugges user should only be able to see their own rating and the topics average at the top?

Actually, there might be a confusion. In this specific case of yours, no one has rated the topic except for the actual poster of the topic that’s why you see both of them to be similar.

I do. If someone is going through the thread and they see a lot of stars, it can look too cluttered and bad. I think at least for me, it is much cleaner to have the average star ratings at the top. The user should be able to see their own rating and that’s enough.

If someone were to give a bad rating and that is visible, then they would be exposed. In order to encourage the community to give honest ratings, they should be anonymous and only the user should be able to see their ratings only.

In the screenshot above, you see the original topic poster, so there’s only 1 post. It can be solved if an option is added that can be toggled called, “Hide ratings in other user’s posts”.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m creating a feature request for this on our Pavilion instance. Let’s track this feature there.

1 Like

It seems fixed for you. Did you do something?

EDIT: Nevermind, the bug bug appears only on mobile view actually (for him and me).

1 Like

The mobile bug is fixed.

Guys, the support period is on. If you’ve updated your instance and found anything unusual, please report it on https://thepavilion.io/w/bug-report/ in the next 3 days. If you have a staging server, please do update and notify us if you see issues.

2 Likes

Will the ability to hide user ratings on every post except your own be implemented in the near future?

1 Like

Yes, that’s on top on our list. I’ve created a feature request on our instance https://thepavilion.io/t/show-only-users-own-rating-on-posts/3209

Currently, we’re working on unit tests and we’ll implement this in the near future for sure.
p.s.
I have completed this one. If you can help to test, we can get it merged in this week. Follow the updates on the above link.

1 Like