Topic Timer Enhancements

(Carson) #1

Hi,

When setting a topic timer, there are a few enhancements that I believe would make it even better:

58%20PM

1. When selecting a custom time, to have a popup window that makes it easy to select a time, in a process parallel to picking the date on the calendar.
  2. After selecting the time, for that to appear in the notification: “This topic will be published to [category] in 4 days at 9am.”
  3. For the notification to also specify the time zone. “9am Eastern Standard Time”

Thank you for your consideration.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Why? This is local to your time zone, so the time entered is always “correct” from your perspective.

(Carson) #3

Hi, fair question.

For the first time I did it, the time itself doesn’t appear in the notification, so I was hesitant/unsure that it was set properly. Then, I wondered what time zone the system would use for the topic timer. But, it all worked out.

In general, I think the time zone feature would be magic for doing announcements/posts in our global community. If I want to get something out for our team in Oxford at the start of their workday, knowing that I have it configured for 8am BST adds clarity and confidence to the workflow.