Type color / contrast on sign up screen / other places

We’re using discourse as a writers’ forum (which is working beautifully). But a lot of our writers are older, and we’ve had complaints about the low contrast on some of the buttons and text. Best case to look at might be the sign up screen.

Any thoughts on where / how to change that lighter text color? (more details below…)

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 9.11.07 AM

The darker text does match what I’ve set up as the main text color using the theme, but other text is way lighter. This seems to depend on whether the user field is a multiselect or a dropdown. In any case, when I use the color picker in photoshop to identify the color of that lighter text, it doesn’t match any of the colors that I have the ability to change in my theme.

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 9.27.23 AM

Did you try the wcag color palette?

4 Likes

does this help?

common css

.login-modal:not(.hidden) #login-form .input-group span.more-info, .login-modal:not(.hidden) .login-form .input-group span.more-info, .login-modal:not(.hidden) .invite-form .input-group span.more-info, .create-account #login-form .input-group span.more-info, .create-account .login-form .input-group span.more-info, .create-account .invite-form .input-group span.more-info, .invites-show #login-form .input-group span.more-info, .invites-show .login-form .input-group span.more-info, .invites-show .invite-form .input-group span.more-info {
    color: #000000;
}
2 Likes

That did the job. Thank you so much!!!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.