Unable to install Discourse following the official instructions

Hi,

I’m trying to install Discourse into a VPS following the provided instructions but after doing everything they say, step by step when I try to visit the site, the server doesn’t respond.

I spent the last to day trying to find out what is the problem and until now the only piece of information that I found and I think it’s useful is the next error message form the nginx log(shared/standalone/log/var-log/nginx/error.log):

[emerg] 2928#2928: BIO_new_file(“/shared/ssl/startups.startuc3m.com.cer”) failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen(‘/shared/ssl/startups.startuc3m.com.cer’,‘r’) error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)

Any idea what could be happening?

The OS I’m using is Ubuntu 16.04

Are you trying to use let’s Encrypt?

What does your app.yml look like?

Does the domain name that you used resolve to your droplet? If not lets encrypt cannot work.

You might disable (comment out with a # at the start of the line) the two lines that have to do with letsemcrypt, or start again and don’t define the let’s encrypt email address.

1 Like

Ok! I found the problem, I had changed the A record so the subdomain was pointing to my server, what I forgot is that I had another server monitoring that subdomain ip and changing it to point to it.

I just stoped the monitoring process, changed the A record again, ./launcher rebuild app and now it’s working lika a charm.

Thank yo very much.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2694 days. New replies are no longer allowed.