Unable to link to the raw markup of this forum post

I would like to report a bug in discourse that is preventing me from linking to the raw markup of a post from within the post itself.

When I left-click on this link in Google Chrome on Windows 10 64-bit, I would expect it to go to the raw markup for this post. It does change the URL bar of my browser to the expected URL, but it displays “Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.” instead of displaying the raw text. Opening the link in a new tab does work.

The only workaround I know of is to use an external URL redirection service like TinyURL.com.

Also, there is a similar bug for links to RSS feeds that was never fixed.

–David

Easier is to middle-click or otherwise open the link in a new tab/window. It does require that the person clicking the link know to do that, though. You can also reload the page and have it work.

It’s a known problem, and low priority:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/bug-raw-links-generate-error-and-require-reloading/44084

Thanks. I don’t even understand how Ember.js is breaking the functionality of that link; I don’t see any javascript event handlers on it when I inspect it with Ctrl+Shift+I in Chrome. Does Ember.js install itself at some higher level that allows itself to intercept all links on the page?

I don’t know.

I think that since the raw link displays without Ember.js Ember can’t handle it, so reloading the page without Ember is the only way to get it to work. A solution, I suppose, would be to treat those raw links as external and force them to open in a new tab. Or something like that. For the most part, the kind of people who want to see raw text are the kind of people who can figure out how to make it work. :slight_smile: