Unable to search and retrieve all hyperlinks in all posts on the community

I am a moderator and I need to replace some links in other’s posts.

When I try to search for hyperlinks by substrings in the hyperlinks, not all contents will be retrieved.

For example, if I have multiple topics that contain some hyperlinks, sometimes I can find some (not all) posts containing hyperlinks with substring like “obj.aaaaaa.com” by searching with the substring as a keyword; sometimes I cannot find any posts containing hyperlinks with the substring by searching

This happens with other substrings as well, like “/latest/”, “1.8.2”, etc.

Can anyone tell me how I can make some settings so that the search function returns all posts containing hyperlinks with the substring I search for?

Thanks

The remap rake task is the best tool if you’re self hosted and have access to the server. That’s not what a normal moderator can do, though.

Can an admin do that? Thanks

Yes I am self-hosted and have access to the server. Could you tell me how to do that?

I searched on meta for "/latest/" and "3.0.1", and it returns results containing these substrings.

Did you wrap your search terms with quotes "?

Note: some words won’t returns any results, you can check MySQL stopwords list here: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/fulltext-stopwords.html

1 Like

Thanks for replying. @Canapin

I wrapped my search keywords in " and none of the posts containing such hyperlinks were returned. I confirmed that my keywords are not in the list of stopwords.

It seems like my forum just forbids searching by hyperlink substrings.

And the perviously returned results were fetched according to matches between the keyword and fragments of texts other than hyperlinks.

I see no reason that would prevent this :thinking:

Can you copy-paste here in a codeblock a post’s content from your forum you’d like to return in the search?

1 Like

Just messaged you. :pray:t4:

1 Like