Unable to select/enter pin topic date in IE 11

So I go to pin a topic and it seems now a date is required to pin any topic. I’ve tried a bunch of different date formats and so far I’ve not been able to work out what it needs from me. It continuously tells me “A date is required to pin this topic.” regardless of what I enter in that box.

Am I missing something obvious? Do I maybe have something misconfigured?

1 Like

Are you talking about this modal?

If you click one of the time boxes, a small calendar should appear. Does it not?

It does not… in fact I get a text edit cursor like I was hovering over a text box when I hover over the time icons.

I’m running IE 11 in this case.

I can reproduce this on Stonehearth in IE11. Seems to be browser specific, Chrome works fine, so does Firefox.

I just ran it in Chrome and see how it should be working. It does look like this is broken in IE 11.

Just for others who may stumble on this. The date format is yyyy-mm-dd

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to accept it being typed in IE 11, but it does work in Chrome.

1 Like

Okay, I’ve updated the topic title to reflect that. I unfortunately do not have the ability to run IE 11.

Out of curiosity, does it work in Edge?

All good in Edge here…

Just reporting a bug I hit today but on twittercommunity.com I was not able to get the calendar entry for Pin Topic to work at all with fully up to date Google Chrome on Mac OS X. Actually it wasn’t working even if I tried a bunch of date formats (including like 2016-03-02) so I ended up having to fire up Firefox.

Thanks,

John

@zogstrip can you have a look at this?

Weird, I just tried and it worked. Can you tell me more about what you did?

Ok I was just trying to pin a topic I had made to Advertiser Tools and APIs - Twitter Developers and it wasn’t showing calendar upon clicking within the box and wasn’t accepting any date I entered.

I technically have a gazillion tabs open and haven’t rebooted in a while so might be worth me completely closing out Chrome and seeing if it still repros.

2 Likes

Is this still happening anywhere?

cc @jomaxro

Yes, still happens for IE 11 on my sandbox (which was updated yesterday). I don’t get the calendar pop-up to select a date for the pin topic and pin topic globally.

No idea if this helps any (or if it is related)

Edit: I think that console message is related as it only appears when opening the Pin Topic Modal.

2 Likes

OK, looks like it is this line

this._picker = new Pikaday(Object.assign(default_opts, this._opts())); 

Object.assign is not supported on IE11, should be very simple to fix.

> Object.assign({a: 1, b: 1}, {a:2})
< Object {a: 2, b: 1}
> _.merge({a: 1, b:1}, {a:2})
< Object {a: 2, b: 1}
1 Like

Does this fix it?

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/bd1ca35f8b91f94de74c827a1656bdfad3fbf015

2 Likes

Yay!

And pinning works, selecting a date and choosing to Pin Topic works in IE 11, I did test it end to end :slight_smile:

3 Likes