I installed discourse:
- following the offical 30min tutorial
- Ubuntu 20.04
- I get to the “Congratulations, you installed Discourse” screen
- I can register and it says that it sent an e-mail - but no e-mail reaches my inbox
- also not, when I click “resend activiation”
What I tried according to the "troubleshooting email on a new discourse install):
- Telnet: connection is ok (connected and service ready)
- discourse doctor: “UNEXPECTED ERROR 500 5.0.0 Unknown or unimplemented command.” …This is not a common error. No recommended solution exists. Please report the exact error message above to h ttps://meta.discourse.org/
- e-mail provider logs: there is nothing visible, that an e-mail would have been sent
- Discourse Log:
root@ubuntu-2gb-fsn1-3:/var/discourse# tail shared/standalone/log/rails/production.log
call'* *lib/middleware/request_tracker.rb:177:in call’
Rendered exceptions/not_found.html.erb within layouts/no_ember (Duration: 0.5ms | Allocations: 137)
Rendered layout layouts/no_ember.html.erb (Duration: 8.0ms | Allocations: 1280)
Rendered html template (Duration: 0.0ms | Allocations: 2)
Rendered layouts/email_template.html.erb (Duration: 0.3ms | Allocations: 30)
Delivered mail firstname.lastname@example.org. net (485.7ms)
Job exception: 500 5.0.0 Unknown or unimplemented command.
- E-Mail Domain
- My domain is: talk.absolutum. net
- the e-mail sending domain is: email@example.com (so this is different from the domain
- therefore I uncommented the "-exec: rails r “SiteSEttings.notification_email…” and entered my e-mail in the app.yml
- I rebuild the app
- I also changed the sitesettings.notification e-mail via the command line
- I tried to use with or without TLS (in the yml) and port 587 and 25 (both ports are supported by my e-mail provider (also with rebuild)
- I have no IP Adress in the mail domain
- Results of the discource doctor:
==================== MAIL TEST ====================
For a robust test, get an address from h ttp://www.mail-tester.com/
Or just send a test message to yourself.
Email address for mail test? (‘n’ to skip) [firstname.lastname@example.org]:
Sending mail to email@example.com t. . .
Testing sending to firstname.lastname@example.org t using smtp .socketlabs.com:587, username:server34665 with plain auth.
======================================== ERROR ========================================
500 5.0.0 Unknown or unimplemented command.
====================================== SOLUTION =======================================
This is not a common error. No recommended solution exists!
Please report the exact error message above to h ttps://meta.discourse.org/
(And a solution, if you find one!)
Any idea, what I could try to solve the problem would be appreciated.
(sorry as new user I was only allowed to use 2 links, to I had to put some spaces in some urls)