Unknown error on login in Firefox

This error constantly appears when using firefox.

Is there any specific settings that I should enable in about:config as to not break discourse?

1 Like

Hmm. I only use Firefox, and haven’t ever seen this before on any Discourse forum I’ve used. Do you see anything in your Discourse app logs when you get this message?

4 Likes

In addition, do you see anything in your browser console?

3 Likes

Will attempt to find out now.

1 Like

It most likely has something to do with me using hardened firefox?

4 Likes

Also I hope I didn’t reveal sensitive information there… but that is just my paranoia

1 Like

Can you try Firefox in “normal” mode? I do use Firefox as my daily driver for dozens of Discourse instances, and can’t reproduce any problem when trying to login.

We support using Discourse with Firefox “vanilla” configuration that comes out of the box.

4 Likes

Agree with @Falco – it’s likely one of the disabled/non-default/changed settings in your browser’s configuration. But without knowing what was disabled it would be difficult to know what might be causing the conflict. If it was a list of things you changed manually, you might try to look back at that list and revert the changes one-by-one and see if you can get the site working normally again.

4 Likes

Thanks, I supposed someone might have done the same as me and could guess what I broke. I will look through it.

1 Like

Dear friends,

the error happens when the websites.firstPartyIsolate setting is changed from default, just for future reference.

4 Likes

How are you logging in on https://forum.daohaus.club/ ? Via ethereum or local login?

Logging in via local login.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.