Update Failed

I just tried to run my updates but it is failing and I have no idea what I’m looking for here. Anyone out there able to hold my hand through this?

Here is the latest error messages:

*** Please be patient, next steps might take a while ***
Cycling Unicorn, to free up memory
Restarting unicorn pid: 563
Waiting for Unicorn to reload.
Waiting for Unicorn to reload..
Waiting for Unicorn to reload...
Waiting for Unicorn to reload....
Waiting for Unicorn to reload.....
Waiting for Unicorn to reload......
Waiting for Unicorn to reload.......
Stopping 3 Unicorn worker(s), to free up memory
Stopping job queue to reclaim memory, master pid is 3210703
$ cd /var/www/discourse && git fetch --tags --prune-tags --prune --force
$ cd /var/www/discourse && git reset --hard HEAD@{upstream}
HEAD is now at 65be7a788 Bump version to v3.3.0.beta4-dev
$ bundle install --retry 3 --jobs 4
Bundle complete! 141 Gemfile dependencies, 174 gems now installed.
Gems in the groups 'test' and 'development' were not installed.
Bundled gems are installed into `./vendor/bundle`
1 installed gem you directly depend on is looking for funding.
  Run `bundle fund` for details
$ yarn install
yarn install v1.22.19
[1/5] Validating package.json...
[2/5] Resolving packages...
warning Resolution field "unset-value@2.0.1" is incompatible with requested version "unset-value@^1.0.0"
[3/5] Fetching packages...
error ember-template-lint@6.0.0: The engine "node" is incompatible with this module. Expected version "^18.18.0 || ^20.9.0 || >=21.1.0". Got "18.15.0"
error Found incompatible module.
info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/install for documentation about this command.
Docker Manager: FAILED TO UPGRADE
#<RuntimeError: RuntimeError>
/var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/lib/docker_manager/upgrader.rb:210:in `run'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/lib/docker_manager/upgrader.rb:101:in `upgrade'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/scripts/docker_manager_upgrade.rb:19:in `block in <main>'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/scripts/docker_manager_upgrade.rb:6:in `fork'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/scripts/docker_manager_upgrade.rb:6:in `<main>'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/railties-7.0.8.4/lib/rails/commands/runner/runner_command.rb:43:in `load'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/railties-7.0.8.4/lib/rails/commands/runner/runner_command.rb:43:in `perform'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/thor-1.3.1/lib/thor/command.rb:28:in `run'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/thor-1.3.1/lib/thor/invocation.rb:127:in `invoke_command'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/thor-1.3.1/lib/thor.rb:527:in `dispatch'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/railties-7.0.8.4/lib/rails/command/base.rb:87:in `perform'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/railties-7.0.8.4/lib/rails/command.rb:48:in `invoke'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/railties-7.0.8.4/lib/rails/commands.rb:18:in `<main>'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/bootsnap-1.18.3/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:30:in `require'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/bootsnap-1.18.3/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:30:in `require'
bin/rails:18:in `<main>'
Spinning up 3 Unicorn worker(s) that were stopped initially

I’d try rebuilding from the command line. You might also need more RAM or swap.

OK, this is a pretty small set-up with less than 40 users, not a ton of content on the server. The server itself is a Hetzner 2 CPU / 2 GB RAM server. I’ve had this running without issue for a couple of years.

When you say rebuild from CLI, are there any resources you can point me to on that?

You need at least 2GB of swap, which you probably have.

cd /var/discourse
./launcher rebuild app
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.