Rails 6.0.0 was released 25 days ago so I think it is a time to update Discourse There were a few steps I needed to do to make that work.
- Fix broken specs
- Add empty method
UrlHelperis loading by default
lib/UrlHelper. I solved it by adding
::in front, however, what do you think about changing the name of that class?
- In Rails 5.2.3 MigrationContext accepted one argument, in 6.0.0 additional schema is required
- Fix depracated methods
- Update_attributes! replaced with update!
- Content_type will contain charset, media type should be used instead - rails/upgrading_ruby_on_rails.md at master · rails/rails · GitHub
- Fix warning already initialized constant (TRADITIONAL_ESCAPED_CHAR, RFC_5987_ESCAPED_CHAR). Before dropped them I confirmed that values in ActionPack are the same
- Use classic autoloader as the first step before Zeitwerk
- Fixed migrations on Rails 6.0.0 - newest rails is not allowing mistake from old migration (you can’t define an already defined column ‘integer’)
I made smoke tests that Discourse work as expected. In addition, I run performance tests to ensure there is no regression (I used default 500 iterations).
|Test||Rails 5.2.3||Rails 6.0.0||Percent|
I will create a pull request will all the changes mentioned above. Please let me know if you would like me to adjust anything or made additional tests to ensure everything works as expected.