Upgrading Ember to 2.10

Is this the way it should look at mobile?

Also at other views, it doesn’t look correct. Sorry, I can only post 1 image as new user.

3 Likes

No it’s not.

We’re aware of that though (cf. @sam’s post right above yours) :wink:

4 Likes

For some probably unrelated reason, I’m also unable to edit that topic.

3 Likes

I’ve committed fixes for:

• Mobile raw templates not showing up
  • View raw email and post history were broken
4 Likes

Unrelated. Occasionally edits to posts with links will generate a 500 error, but editing again causes it to work. I’ve run into it several times myself, here and on other Discourse instances. There is another topic on this.

The links overflowing summary is also unrelated, @sam broke that awhile back with a CSS change.

1 Like

Ok, Ember 2.10 will be merged into master tomorrow after we increment version. Expect a few bugs…

3 Likes

5 Likes

I don’t have a user card background and yet my user card is huge and whitespace-y.

I remember the top half of the avatar was “floating” before.

5 Likes

I noticed this a while back, just after the user card moved to using a component

2 Likes

Hmmm does anyone recognize the CSS mistake that is happening that’s causing this? Is there supposed to be an extra class or something?

edit: I think I found it

This should fix it:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/2164d7d21c34ef76ce10a948c1c194eb638735c5

6 Likes

If a topic has no tag and no category, then the title isn’t vertically centered when scrolling down

4 Likes

Seems like another unrelated bug to Ember, but I fixed anyway:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/40c944cb36ef239cf9db1539174cbd005eaddba2

4 Likes

I’m happy to report that as of an hour ago or so, Ember 2.10 has been merged into Discourse! Keep reporting bugs as you find them please.

9 Likes

After upgrading to the latest Version, using git pull and rebuild app, it still says my installation is outdated. No errors or anything in the Logfile. No Update if I click on the notification.

A click on compare shows:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/ddd299f4aaf25353cc2f47829d213623a3cf7590

I’m not not not sure I can keep up. When will the inclusion of ember-2.10 be stabilised on master?

Hehe, this is epic. Thanks for keeping the patches coming!
I hope for a final Revert "“Revert “Revert “Revert Ember 2.10+ for a short while””” :heart:

It has been a terrible situation, I’m sorry. We are having some operations issues that required us to roll it back a few times. Since it’s the weekend and I have to go away I imagine I’ll merge it back in on Monday, and then we’ll keep it for good.

8 Likes

I’m staying off the bleeding edge until you guys sort things out, here’s to hoping for a smoother upgrade next week!

I’m no admin on meta, but consider yourself awarded the revertbatum badge for having the most reverted commit :trophy:

1 Like

Honestly, no worries, I can’t even begin to imagine the headache that upgrading involves on your part. Good luck, and I look forward to some Ember 2.10 goodness hitting master early next week!

4 Likes

Also, for who’s coding against new ember, the revert had nothing to do with newest ember, so you can prepare your code without worries.

12 Likes