URLs being dropped from Thunderbird-generated replies

@BradCray (and anyone else after a fix for this), I’m not going to have time to get a proper PR with tests any time soon, so what I have put in place for out discourse is a patch which should continue to work so long as the method in question doesn’t get changed (in which case I hope it gets fixed!).

Put the attached lib_email_receiver_rb-thunderbird_links.patch in, say /var/discourse/shared/standalone/patches.txt [lib_email_receiver_rb-thunderbird_links.patch.txt|attachment](upload://1OvwVDGUCO2Y3VtkGZnt6hCjAZk.txt) (819 Bytes) (you might have to

mkdir -p  /var/discourse/shared/standalone/patches

)
and then put the following in containers/app.yml in the hooks: after_code: section (after the plugins if you have any):

hooks:
  after_code:
    # plugins "-exec" here
    - exec:
        cd: $home
        cmd:
          - git apply /shared/patches/lib_email_receiver_rb-thunderbird_links.patch.txt

This assumes you have /var/discourse/shared/standalone mapped to /shared in the volumes: section, so adjust to suit your environment.

You’ll need to rebuild the container with ./launcher rebuild app but you should retain the fix whenever you rebuild. Not sure if a web-admin induced update would apply it though.

[The attachment has extension .txt so it can be attached to this comment, you may want to get rid of it in the filename and the config]

1 Like