Use of Staff colour

As you know there is a built in feature called ‘Staff Colour’

What is the proper use of it. Is it for setting an example to others and important announcements? Im just looking for the proper use. As for now my forum uses it for staff setting an example.

Thanks

6 Likes

In my case (support forum) I use staff color for very important announcements that involve the whole community.

Secondly, to give an official answer in a public topic where two or more team’s members have differing views and a user do not know which of these instructions should follow (very rare, but it happens).

8 Likes

We will be de-styling this a bit in future versions. The function will remain but it will be less… yellow and obnoxious.

2 Likes

We really only break it out when it’s a mod reply that basically says “everyone chill, remember the rules” kind of thing. Very rarely. I’ve also restyled it.

5 Likes

How did you re-style it, screenshot please :blush:

3 Likes

In my case I add a box-shadow and other minor changes but, most important, I add some text to clarify that this kind of posts are official communications that must be read.

3 Likes

Just made it our brand color. Here’s a screenshot as well as speaking to the use case that we employ for these staff flagged posts.

4 Likes

We just use the theming to set it as a lighter version of whatever main theme color is in use.

We use it for pointing out important staff actions or reminders of acceptable use.

5 Likes

It certainly is much nicer when it is the “brand” color!

4 Likes

Another tool in the staff toolbox is the

1 Like

Sorry for the massive bump. But I’m currently customising my discourse forum, and I’m wondering how exactly I can customise the staff colour. Like what is the css I need to put in for that, or change.

Cheers.

It’s not really CSS but it comes from theme colors instead. In your admin settings --> Customize --> Colors --> [select a color palette] and then choose a new highlight color.

2 Likes

I was hoping to make it so instead of highlighting the whole post. It outlined the post instead with a 1px solid gold line.

I dont know if ive done something wrong but I’ve edited all my colours for the dark and light theme and have done the highlighted section in this dark green:

However, both the staff colour and the hover over button on the drop down menu:

Are this blue that isn’t anywhere in my colour schemes. If anyone could help or suggest a CSS change that would be fab thank you

It keeps all the theme colours in dark mode but it does this ^^^ in light mode. Also this pencil edited icon is orange:

Thank you!