Use SSO to auto create Discourse login/password after signed up in my SaaS

I’m asking this question here in Support as I could not find a definitive answer in the community.

In summary, I want Discourse user profiles to be automatically created after a user joins my SaaS. In other words, I will have a community feature in my SaaS. I don’t want my users to be forced to create a second login/and password to use the community feature in my SaaS.

Context: My SaaS is already live at https://tykr.com/. This is a stock screener and educational platform. My users are asking for a community feature where they can discuss stocks, ETFs, crypto, etc. Discourse may be a good option but I want to ensure the user experience is fairly easy.

How I want the user experience to work:

1. User joins Tykr.
  2. They click the “Community” tab inside Tykr.
  3. They can start joining conversations in the Community without creating another login/password.

Is this possible?

You’ll want to use discourse connect. You’ll need your SaaS to be a Setup DiscourseConnect - Official Single-Sign-On for Discourse (sso) provider.

1 Like

Thank you, Jay.

And would you happen to know the iOS and Android experience?

Based on my use case, I want users to login to 3 locations:

1. Web
  2. iPhone
  3. Android

I’m curious to know how the user experience is if a user logins into my iOS and Android app and uses the Discourse community feature?