User Card Directory

I’ve just installed this component, and it looks great! However, in both Safari & Chrome (desktop) or even mobile, clicking on an avatar or name doesn’t take me to the user’s page. It’s only the avatar and card title that seem dead; website links, badge links, and the meta data sorting links at the bottom of the cards all seem to work. I’m not having any issues with the “pop-up” user cards on topics or via the user table view; those still go to the user’s page as expected.

On the user card directory I see

<a href="/u/username" class="user-profile-link">
  <span id="discourse-user-card-title" class="name-username-wrapper">User Name</span>
  <!---->
</a>

when inspecting the source code but clicking on the card title merely engages the focus state (Chrome) and nothing more. I don’t even get a focus state on Safari, but I do get a pointer cursor. Curiously, I can open the links with a command click or via the option menu (right click / long press on mobile). I’m experiencing the same effect at https://discourse.theme-creator.io/u, so it doesn’t seem to be unique to our discourse site.

3 Likes

Thanks @Kayla - this issue will be fixed by this change:

You should see an update button on the theme component in your admin panel - let us know if you’re still seeing issues after updating.

5 Likes

The avatar & card title links now work as expected. Thanks @david!

4 Likes

You might want to take a look at the preview page isn’t working properly @david

2 Likes

Hi David,
Running Tests Past.
Air Theme

Recently the user card Directory if you click on message it blanks instead of initiating dm. zonly have this issue in the user directory. It works fine in topics.

2 Likes

When combined with this theme component: Usercard Redesign Experiment

The user card background remains blank in the directory view.

4 Likes

I actually like it that way. Otherway the directory would be really noisy to browse.

And yet it can be a bug :wink:

3 Likes

For some reason, it looks all glitched when checking user statistics in card view, and why is this happening?

3 Likes

I tried it out and it looks like an issue with this component in dark mode (I moved your post to the relevant topic here). Might just need some CSS updates.

3 Likes

Also, is it supposed to display the legacy card format?

2 Likes

yes, the new user card format on Meta is still experimental

3 Likes

Seems like it’s completely broken recently.

3 Likes

Yes, this needs an update due to some changes made yesterday to the layout structure on /u… though it doesn’t look quite as broken here on Meta on the default theme

5 Likes

Not sure why mine is super broken then, I don’t remember making any major changes to it besides actual stuff for the cards:

3 Likes

I presume this is also why the message button is broken?

Though the message button has been broken for awhile now.

3 Likes

if group option were available, this would be a fantastic feature for a Staff group page.

1 Like

Is it possible for the URL query to handle multiple groups?

e.g.
https://website.com/u?cards=yes&group=group1&order=likes_received

If possible, how might this url be constructed to show both group1 and group2?

Feature request for this component:

Default display orderby = users with profile images / info

Or at least an options to select default orderby?

I would assume a decent chunk of admins have this plugin installed to provide a slightly friendlier / less stats’y view for when users want to look at the full community. The problem is, defaulting to whatever order Discourse currently uses (account creation date?!) means that users are presented with something much less personable, e.g.

Apologies if I’ve missed some other way of fixing this issue, I couldn’t find anything…

This theme component has potential issues with the upcoming Ember update:

[Admin Notice] One of your themes or plugins needs updating for compatibility with upcoming Discourse core changes (more info). Identified theme: ‘User Card Directory’.

4 Likes

Thanks @md-misko! This should take care of it:

4 Likes