User Card Directory

It does look like you’re running the correct version, so I’m not sure what’s happening here. If you can approve my account I’ll be happy to take a closer look.

3 Likes

Thanks @Lynne_Fetterman1, I’m in. I see this error in my browser console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 ()

The server error is most likely caused by an incompatible third party plugin. I suspect either discourse-events or babble, but I’m not sure. If you visit /logs on your forum there might be a more specific error message available.

3 Likes

Hi David-

Haven’t found anything in logs. The only other plugins installed before/at the same time as the user card directory are the new topic button, discourse-social-share, and users top nav. I have disabled all three, and no change. The other plugins were all installed after user card directory, which was already not working.

Any other suggestions?

I think those are all #theme-component rather than #plugin.

Do you see anything listed at https://connect.arival.travel/admin/plugins?

2 Likes

Gotcha. Yes, we have a number of plugins installed, but they were all installed AFTER we installed the user card directory theme component, and it wasn’t working at that point either. Same issue, only displaying the name and the primary group, none of the other fields.

1 Like

David could you also employ a makeover component for badges/18/nice-topic & badges/6/nice-reply similar to this?

2 Likes

Hey David, thank you for making this plugin, its a really cool concept.

I have been facing a few troubles making the same work for my community on discourse. This is how the member directory looks after installing.

As you can see, the stats/numbers are showing up but without any context (for example hearts given, hearts received etc).

Could you please help me?

Do let me know if I’m missing something or doing something wrong.

TIA!

2 Likes

This is exactly the concern I have for using that beautiful component. I’m afraid 99% of users won’t know what these numbers mean.
I’d remove some of them and add icons.

1 Like

When I first saw this, I wasn’t sure if it’s a bug or a feature. (Edit: looking at the screenshots in the OP it must be a bug)
I decided to remove the stats from the user cards.

.user-card-directory div.user-card-directory-footer {
  display: none;
}

I’m tempted to remove the badges as well. I use some custom fields instead, which I think provide information that make more sense on a user card.

1 Like

Thanks @Rohit_Manchanda @tpetrov @tomtjes, that was a bug. It is supposed to look like the screenshot in the OP. Please update the component to the latest version - it should work much better now.

5 Likes

Hey @david, thank you for the prompt response!

Could you please point me to the updated git repository? I tried using the earlier link (mentioned in the original post) and it was still showing the same stats (without any context).

1 Like

The fix should be in the same repository:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse-user-card-directory/commit/53120661ad4821d42d161680cdececc85f0e2695

Do you have any errors showing in your browser console?

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s fixed. This is great :slight_smile:

Do you have any suggestions on any plugins for making a live chat feature available on our community?

1 Like

Hi @david thanks again for building this out.

We noticed today that the “Today” date seems out of sync with the current date.

Thoughts?

We’re on Discourse hosting and using the latest version of the component. Happy to share more details as they’re useful.

2 Likes

Thanks Alex, that should be resolved by

https://github.com/discourse/discourse-user-card-directory/commit/b2bb6a3790609d49a9f9bdb2c131955415748ee5

Please try updating the component and let us know if you’re still seeing the issue

7 Likes

That did the trick. Thank you @david

5 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Version check is incorrectly comparing stable and beta versions

Hi @david,

The theme component seems to be broken. I am seeing multiple errors in console.

2 Likes

Hi @meghna - was this on your own site? Or on theme-creator?

It looks like the theme-creator preview was out-of-date. I just updated it, and things seem to be working better now.

5 Likes

It was on the theme-creator.

Noted, thanks!

4 Likes