User scores / Reputation plugin

Wow I can’t believe it has been a year, sorry but I’m still working on other projects that take all my time.

If there are developers that want to invest time on this, I can create a repo and upload what I currently have.

9 Likes

Please do, happy to take a glance together with a friend. Would be greatly appreciated! :pray:

2 Likes

We’re looking for something exactly like this. How can we help?

(Actually, we’d like a downvote mechanism as well, not sure which metric to use, though. Warnings received? Ignored by other users?)

Gunnar

Paging @Alex1974, are you still around? Isn’t this exactly what you were looking for as well?

Gunnar

Hello All,

Sorry for being missing for more than a year! it’s crazy how fast time flies.

Here’s the repo of what I have, to be honest is really raw and it’s missing functionality, but it works and it’s being used in other forums as the backend part (front-end is implemented in other customizations)

https://github.com/orlando/discourse-user-scores

If you can contribute by adding the code to show the scores in all places where’s needed (user profile, user cards, avatar, etc) feel free to open a PR and I’ll merge it.

Again sorry for going missing for so long, I actually tried to get this completed but TBH don’t have the time atm.

Cheers!

11 Likes

Thank you!

We’re prepared to offer a bounty of $1,000 for completion of this plugin. I’ll write up a more detailed spec of what we’d consider “complete”, but I’m posting this here, now, in the hope that others who also want to see this functionality will consider pooling their resources with us. I.e., chip in a little to increase the bounty, or offer to code.

All code to be made freely available to the community, of course.

Gunnar
Co-owner, Jag-lovers

4 Likes

Thank you @Gunnar, that sounds great!

Looking forward to the detailed spec to see if we can make it happen.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Any progression towards the completion of this plugin after that $1,000 bounty? This could be one of the best plugins in Discourse history.

As much as I can understand, it means that though the plugin will be/is integrated in the back-end of Disco, but at the moment, it won’t show the user-scores anywhere in whole of the Admin or User panel anywhere? Is that so?

Can’t we see the score even with Data Explorer query (currently, i.e. without this plugin, we’ve got to see each stat thru a bit diff method: read time, likes received, given, time spent etc).

That’s right, there is no front-end or visual aspect to this plugin yet.

1 Like

Are there any plugins that are similar to this, that have been finished and released?

3 Likes

Agreed, would love to see this plugin built.

2 Likes

The $1,000 bounty for this plugin still stands.

Not sure I’m qualified to create a formal spec. The main points are:

• Should be visible in each user’s Profile Card.
  • Should (if possible) also be visible next to the user’s name when they post.
  • Should also allow “demerits,” in case someone is behaving badly.
  • Should allow automatic scoring, such as outlined in the original post in this topic.
  • Should also allow users to review other users, although this functionality should probably be possible to disable by the admin.
  • Would be nice if this could be available in the next three months (i.e. by the end of July 2021).
  • All code to be made freely available to the community, of course.

Here’s how I think this could look in a topic/thread, when posting:

And this is how it could look on a user profile card:

Anyone wanna help us develop this? Anyone else like to chip in, make the bounty bigger?

Gunnar
Jag-lovers.com co-owner

9 Likes

Great description. It‘s also a plugin what I‘m searching for!

6 Likes

Its still under ‘dev’ category. Does that mean its not stable yet?

1 Like

Is this a thing? Can we add it into our forums?