Using Kinde, discovery document does not have the “end_session_endpoint”

hello. i’m trying to setup up Kinde (kinde.com) as our OIDC provider using the openID connect plugin.
the problem we bump into is that their discovery document does not have the “end_session_endpoint” parameter.
I believe this is the reason why when i try to logoff discourse, it doesn’t logoff properly. it goes to the default login screen and clicking on “login” logs me right back in without any authentication required. it seems like the session still remains valid. I’m not sure whats wrong.
Configuring the Kinde logout URL into the “openid connect rp initiated logout redirect” doesnt help either.

any tips as to how to work around this issue? we want users to be re-directed to the kinde logout page and the session for discourse to end when users click on “logoff”.

1 Like

The ‘RP Initiated logout redirect’ is a very specific protocol, so I don’t think that’ll work unless your identity provider specifically supports it.

In that case, perhaps you should try Discourse core’s “logout redirect” setting. That does exactly what you say - redirects to an external URL after logging out in Discourse.

3 Likes

thanks for your reply David! I’ve put in the logout URL to the configuration you suggested (i believe its the one under “users”) and unchecked the “openid connect rp initiated logout” setting.
and its working!!! thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.