Using Object Storage for Uploads (S3 & Clones)

This isn’t going smoothly for me, sorry to reply so many times.

If I do the above, should I ignore the admin panel settings for s3 and backups?

Or should admin panel settings be configured as well?

1 Like

You just need to follow this guide here in the OP and you will get a functional object storage configuration.

3 Likes

Setting those variables makes them unavailable from the UX. You must set them as described here rather than the ux.

2 Likes

I think it’s (mostly?) working now, but is this content security policy script src safe?

I’m using AWS for two S3 containers (for uploads & backups), and two CloudFront CDNs (for files & assets). When I use my own CNAMEs for the CloudFront CDNs, I get a bunch of script-src network errors in my browser when loading Discourse. No more errors after adding those entires to my CSP.

1 Like

Are those the urls you put in the env variables described in the OP? And are they https?

1 Like

Yes, I don’t have script-src warnings when I put the two d23whatever.cloudfront.net URLs in the env variables. When I put my custom URLs, i.e. community-cdn.mydomain and files-cdn.mydomain, in the env variables, that’s the time I get these script-src warnings. And apparently the stripe js is still giving me this warning even though it’s in my content security policy script src.

2 Likes