Looking to migrate over from the antiquated vBulletin 4 platform to Discourse possibly and had a few questions:
Important features that I need:
- censoring (word filters)
- WordPress SSO (if a WP user is logged in, automatically logged into Discourse and vice versa PLUS sign-up via discousrse, even through social media will automatically create/link to the WP blog with the SSO plugin)
- gender based forum access (men cannot access women only forum, vice versa)
- anti spam controls
- social account login (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google)
- hashtags (tags) and twitter like mentions “@username”
- auto convert social media posts (audio, video, images bbcodes).
I was told that the social login, word censor and user tagging @ is default. What about others above? Need to plan this out carefully.
Is there any plans to support install in other Linux distros aside Ubuntu? Like Centos would be nice.
Also, can the home set to category as default view AND with separated spacing between parent forums such as in other typical forums? It’s a bit cluttered the way it’s one straight listing as is, IMO.