Visually separate post flagging options from PMing

Continuing the discussion from Does flagging to trigger a PM also cause a flag?:

I think the current information is easily disregarded by most people, it would be better if there was a clear visual separation and more obvious styling, like so:

For the prototype, I dragged the second-to-last <div> to the top and added a <hr/> and <h3> below that one. I also removed the <strong> part of the (now) first option and added another <h3> at the very top. I think this can be adapted as-is when changing the code (I did not test the interaction, just fumbled in Fx’s DOM inspector). The first “group” could also be moved to the very bottom to make the prompt more visually balanced.

What do you think?

17 Likes

Awesome idea!

And thanks for mentioning me, I love to see how things (such as ideas) evolve! :slight_smile:

Also, looks like there is no flag+pm notify moderators option anymore (that post is over 6 months old)… Which I also find to be nicer.

Anyway, hope they’ll consider it.

I like this proposed change I think we would be fine with a PR that shuffles this around.

I do think PM should be last though not first @codinghorror ?

1 Like

Actually the order is correct, we want to encourage peer-to-peer interaction before involving Mom and Dad in the dispute. So it’s a good mockup and I agree with it.

8 Likes

OK I’ll have a look and see if I can create a PR. However I have no experience with Ruby and the Rails structure so I might be unable to do it in a reasonable time frame. I’ll have a look at the guides and report back if I can’t reasonably do it.

Sure @techapj can you add this to your list? I think it is a good change and the mockup is very solid.

6 Likes

Okay, done! :gift:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/bb1d0dea8a5840aceffe2a9fc2e2f7aeb0d9f320

6 Likes

Needs some work on mobile :wink:

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Fixed :smile:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/fa83e717f712e97a4d62dc49f37e08e3dcaf2191

4 Likes