Voice recording plugin

Love this plugin and its potential but not able to get working on mobile. I’m on an iPhone 8 Plus. Here is a screen recording. In short, I can press record and stop then nothing happens. This is the opposite of the behavior on desktop which works fine each time I test.

Any ideas on what’s causing this?

Tried forking it myself and updating the code. The RecordRTC.js and RecordRTC.min.js were/are silly outdated. Sadly, this didn’t fix the mobile issue. Here is the repo if anyone wants to take a crack at it.

2 Likes

Everyone on Meta: This doesn’t work on iPhone, help!
Microm’s Documentation: Am I a joke to you??

No idea how I missed this yesterday… oh, wait…

Propose moving to /broken-plugin as OP hasn’t replied to a single person in over 12 months and has now wasted hundreds of hours in other people’s time.

All in favor?

FYI I posted this to @angus pavilion site, to see if they’d be interested in picking it up if @pawel is not able to maintain it anymore. Maybe everyone here interested in it can join that discussion and see about contributing to making it happen.

I’d suggest we not move it to #plugin:broken-plugin just yet - I don’t think the plugin is entirely broken as it is and I do use it for my personal site already. But you are right it has a few fatal flaws that make it hard to deploy in a real community. Your bug report about it not working on iphone is one of them - I just replicated the bug on my site.

2 Likes

You’re the man @tobiaseigen! Thank you!!

Will join in over there.

1 Like

Hey, I’m bit of into other stuff right now, but will get back to the topic of this plugin.

Best

5 Likes

Cool! Glad to hear from you. Do you welcome pull requests for your plugin to fix some bugs and bring it up to date?

1 Like

Sure, just ping me when creating a PR.

1 Like

Thanks! I really appreciate it. The PRs wouldn’t be from me but rather from @angus or someone else from Orphaned voice recording plugin? - Projects - Pavilion

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll try to find some time to review the issues and maybe develop a few new functionalities in the coming weeks.

2 Likes