Voting & following

Hi

I have 2 questions today:

I think somewhere in the settings I saw that it’s possible to rate / like posts. So far, so good. Is it possible to apply that only for posts in s single category? Here’s what I mean:

I am thinking of have a “member of the month” category in my group. One way to do this would be to have a “sub-category” for each month, and in there, people can write that member XYZ in their opinion has earned this recognition. I’d like to give others the chance to vote here. But like I said, I want the voting only inside this main category of “member of the month”. Is that possible? Or is there a better way to do that?

Where can I find what the basic setting is for people following posts? I’d like the default to be that there will be no notifications when a post was merely read, but that somebody is automatically following a post when he has responded to that. I think I found the settings for the latter part (“default other notification level when replying” which is set to “follow”). But I am confused about the settings for the first part. Why? Because I see that under the posts I create it says something about me receiving a bunch of answers since I follow this thread after having read it. So, I am concerned that this is a default setting and applies also for my members, which I wouldn’t like.

Thank you! :slight_smile:
David

1 Like