Watching / Tracking / Notifications for post edits for Moderators

I have a case where ‘approve unless trust level’ is set to 1. Moderators are alerted and reject any inappropriate posts created by tl0 users (not just spam).

Basically, My understanding of this setting is “I want to be notified and approve any content that any user under level x makes in public.”

But once a tl0 user’s post is approved, it can be edited by the same user and the moderators are not notified again. Setting the number of edits to 0 for tl0/1 is one option, but it also prevents legit edits.

Is there any possibility for an ‘approve all content unless trust level = x’ setting instead?

Would this make the current setting more in line with the intent behind it (to prevent users below level x from posting content without review)?

I agree that if you have an “approve all content” type setting where every single post goes via the review queue then we ought to ship edits probably.

For the time being I would recommend simply setting post edit time limit to say 400 which is really low and would avoid allowing them edits.

@eviltrout what are your thoughts here, should approve unless trust level setting cover edits as well?

4 Likes