Webhook for new users

(Pad Pors) #1

it’d be nice to have a webhook specific for user creation. the usecase is to develop some on-boarding plan for new users (e.g. using zapier).

there is a plugin for this, but it doesn’t work with the current version of discourse.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

This already exists.

(Pad Pors) #3

no it doesn’t.

there is a webhook for users, but it is not specific for “user creation”: When a user logs in, logs out, is created, approved or updated.

As a result one can’t do any specific work for newbies.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #4

That is not the case. It is expected that you filter the webhook on the receiving end. In this case you want to filter for X-Discourse-Event: user_created.

(Christoph) #5

This has come up many times and it would be really great if that “catch all” user webhook could be broken up into several. In the meantime, maybe @fantasticfears can repair the plugin?

See also:

(Erick Guan) #6

Is this plugin broken?

Apparently it is. See here: Discourse Webhooks and Zapier

Also, I tried to get Zapier integration setup and I couldn’t filter it on their end to only new users.

It’s also worth noting that I was planning a workaround where I only ran the zap if an email address was present, because I read here somewhere that it would only be sent with the webhook for new users, but it was there for every user, as far as I could tell.

(Christoph) #8

Zapier is great and easy to use, but for certain use cases it may be not flexible enough. For anyone a bit more on the techie side, this is a great alternative (just FYI):