Notification of new users joining

(Emma Furtado) #1

Is there a way to get notified when new users join?

Two ways you can do it either enable approval of new users.

Or set up a zapier workflow to email upon new user via a webhook

(Emma Furtado) #3

Hi @mikechristopher
Thanks for your response.

I don’t need to approve new people though. I just want to get a notification when someone joins.
I know I can go to dashboard - new users to see new people who’ve joined. But I would rather get a notification.

Any ideas there?

(Michael Brown) #4

That was an either/or - you can configure the user webhook to trigger when a user is added/changed without requiring approval of new users.

as @supermathie beat me to it -

If you want it without approval there is no native way within discourse to do so. Follow the Zapier webook link in my last post and will help set up a workflow in which will send you an email :slight_smile:

(Jae Van Rysselberghe) #6

What I’m currently doing in order to check any new signups (and total forum user count) on my forum is using the link yourdiscourseforum(.)com plus /users. So you visit yourdiscourseforum(.)com/users. Additionally I bookmark this url on my iPhone in order to check up on my forum user stats when I’m away from my pc.

Getting an e-mail notification seems great if your getting a “reasonable” amount of new signups per day, so not in the hundreds. What I would prefer to see is a weekly update/stats report about your forum being automatically emailed to you.