What can the Teachable webhook do?

(Daniel Wallace) #1

Hi everyone,

I’m new to Discourse: it looks fantastic. I want to create a forum for an online course I’m running on Teachable. Can I do something clever with the webhook to automatically register my students for the forum, or something like that?

PS I’ve created webhooks before, with Zapier, but overall I am a real beginner with them. I read the page about webhooks and creating a bot in git, but I didn’t really understand how to relate it to Teachable.

(Matt Palmer) #2

If you want to have users from Teachable in Discourse, you’re best off just implementing single sign-on (SSO), which Discourse is very strong on. There are a variety of protocols for it, you’d need to dig into Teachable to see what it’s capable of.

(Richard - DiscourseHosting.com) #3

We have a Teachable endpoint on a plugin available at our hosting, here is how to set it up:

https://www.discoursehosting.com/howto-integrate-teachable-with-discourse/

@mpalmer Teachable is not-so-strong on SSO, so we currently use the Teachable webhooks to invite people over to Discourse.

@danielw I’m curious if you found a solution that works for you. I’m asking because I will have to do same thing soon…