What if set db_default_text_search_config: "pg_catalog.simple"

Recently, I notice that there is a

params:
  db_default_text_search_config: "pg_catalog.english"

in the configuration file (standalone.yml/data.yml). I can guees what it means through its name. The issue is that my locale is CN-zh or my main language is Chinese (That means the same, lol ) and my setting is the default (pg_catalog.english, never noticed), and my pg text search work just well. So what does that do? I can find nothing useful in this site.

So, what if i change this setting to db_default_text_search_config: "pg_catalog.chinese" or db_default_text_search_config: "pg_catalog.simple". What will happened?

3 Likes

I’m also interested in how to use db_default_text_search_config correctly in app.yml.

I have found some errors when searching Chinese. Some results cannot be shown correctly.

I’ll give a gentle push to this topic, because I’m looking for answer to same question — this was my first hit from Google :smirk:

And now I’m off back to my search results…

Edit

I red his and trying to understand…

I have strong feeling it does actually nothing useful unless ispell, thesauru etc, are in use and those basically works only in english. There must be somekind schema, I reckon, but… I don’t know but big majority of hit results (and there wasn’t too many) led to chinese or russian sites, and I’ve learned ages ago that if chinese or russians need something because of language it surely doesn’t apply to finnish. Well… nothing apply to finnish (or estonians, hungarian etc.) when it is matter of language anyway :rofl: